CFP: Sound Art and Environment
Guest Editor: Gascia Ouzounian
Deadline: 31 October 2016
Evental Aesthetics is an independent, double-blind peer-reviewed journal dedicated to philosophical and aesthetic intersections. The journal is open-access, and there are no publication fees. The Editors seek submissions for a special issue in 2016.
Each issue has two parts, one dedicated to a specific theme, and the other (“Aesthetic Inquiries”) devoted to aesthetic questions of any kind. Thus the Editors seek submissions in two categories.
Sound Art and Environment
• Sound art and ontologies of space, place, and/or sociality
• Sound art and landscape, environment, geography, urban and public space
• Sound art and experimental approaches to architecture, planning, and mapping
• Sound art in remote or contested places, including conflict or post-conflict zones and under-served communities
• Sound art and biopolitics; new approaches to ecology and acoustic ecology; sound art and environmental activism
• Sound art and the non-human world
Topics may be freely interpreted. However, all submissions must engage philosophical matters.
Evental Aesthetics welcomes articles (4,000-8,000 words) and Collisions (1,000-2,500 words). Collisions are brief responses to aesthetic experiences that raise philosophical questions, pointing the way towards suggestive discussions.